Saturday, November 28, 2009

2009 Wrap-Up

No news is not good news. While I drew a (cow) tag for the 2009 muzzle loader season, I was so busy with work that I did not get away to use it. The only good news is that I didn't spend any money on a black powder rifle; instead I bought a compound bow! Now all I can think about is the 2010 draw for archery season and how I'm going to get in shape, once and for all, to bow hunt.

I've been to the archery range once since I got the bow last week. It is amazing how accurate the bow shoots with field points. Until I get a target of my own I'll forego buying any broad heads to practice with. Now I'm looking for a case that will protect my bow on the airplane and ensure that the sights don't get furbar during the trip.

Stay tuned, this is a whole new chapter for the Rookie Elk Hunter...

No comments: