Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Colorado Deadline for the 2008 Big Game Draw is April 1

No fooling, the deadline is April 1. I’m still trying to figure out if I’ll make the hajj to Steamboat (Unit 14) or just stay close to home (and a warm bed) and hunt out the back door. Each option has its advantages. If I go to Steamboat I’m in the woods with the guys for about a week. No extra chores to deal with. No white lies to tell the kids when they ask why they can’t get up at 4:00am to go hunting with me. Lots of downtime and plenty of social time. If I stay home and hunt in the back yard (my house is bordered on three sides by the National Forest) I get to sleep in a comfy, warm bed every night after I take a hot shower. If the weather goes to heck I can throw my clothes in the dryer and start each day with clean gear. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

When it is all said and done, know this – there’s at least six more weeks of winter left, turkey hunting starts in four weeks, and applications for next fall’s big game hunting are due in about two weeks. Aren’t you glad you have me around to remind you about all this?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Come on thats cheating, hunting out your back door, get out with your friends. Good luck with your dicision.